BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving.

Okay, so instead of repeating my insane family filled week a million times, I'm just going to blog it out. Haha.

To backtrack, it's not only Thanksgiving, but my Great grandma's 90th birthday, so that's why this year was such a big deal. I mean last year, I ate taco bell in my room by myself last thanksgiving, which was actually pretty nice. Anyways but for this year, everyone on my mom's side came into town, and I mean everyoneeeeeeeee.

The past couple weeks, people have been coming into town and staying at my house, mostly the people who live in Taiwan, so since last weekend, my room has no longer been mine :[ My aunt nicole and my uncle david are in my room, my great aunt is in my brothers room, my great uncle was on a mattress in my living room, and my uncle, his wife & their 9 month old baby Howie were in the bonus room. Now Howie and his parents are at a hotel and I've upgraded to the mattress in the living room rather the couch in the family room. In any case however, I have no room, so I am awoken at the crack of dawn by old folks coming out of their rooms being very loud (especially my grandmother) to eat breakfast and such. I get no sleep, and I keep trying to just lie and close my eyes for a few more hours before having to get up and quickly move my stuff and mattress all out of the way so no ones knows I sleep here and our house is a mess. Sigh, the life of the dutiful granddaugther.

Things didn't really start happening, 'til wednesday when more family came into town. That night, the house was full, and at about 7 my grandma decides she wants fruit for everyone. So a few of us run over to costco and get the one unbroken watermelon that was there, 4 baby melons, a honeydew, 2 canteloupe, and a pineapple? Yeah idk, we just bought random fruit. This is just the beginning of the packed fridge.

Thursday was great grandma's birthday, and thanksgiving! yayyyyyy.
We had big trays of chinese food for lunch, plus a turkey. By the time we finished, there wasn't even a dent in it. We have serious leftovers. Part 2 of packed fridge. Then we got all dressed up to go to dinner... at some hole in the wall restaurant that was no good! And we were still full from lunch anyways. Part 3 of packed fridge.

Friday, we woke up to go around 9ish to Oakland, so we could take family pictures. We had to wait the longest time, and it was such a struggle with 5 kids ranging 2months to 7yrs. Especially Logan, he did not want to sit still. We had to bribe him with m&m's. Then we picked up mcdonald's on the way home, cus I already know I'm eating chinese food for the next week. Then we hung out at home for a bit, and then the cake came. OHMYGOSH. A full sheet, was A FULL SHEET. That thing weighed like 20 pounds. It feeds 70-80 people. Miscommunication. So yeah, part 4 of packed fridge. We had so much cake. Then after all my aunts and uncles saw the birthday video paolo made me and he stopped by so I introduced him, I went shopping for a couple hours before dinner, AGAIN. I got a big soft nemo, and a big tigger for my unborn baby cousin who will be born year of the tiger. Yay for black friday sales. I got home just in time to leave for dinner, and then we went to grand tapei in hayward for MORE chinese food. But we didn't order as much. This time it was for my great uncle bob's birthday. So yeah. A lot more details, a lot of family and hanging out that I could type, but I'm not justin and this was too much for me as it was. Oh yeah, and I keep hearing chinese in my head, maybe them all being around isn't too bad. OMG and i just had to mention i listened/ watched the ABC song both regular, in phonic, and asl versions on youtube like a bajillion times, cus my baby cousin logan who's obessesed with ABC's insisted on watching it. And I just couldn't deny that little cutie!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

F & A, Em.

P.S. I cannot wait to see MS. JESSICA ANNE CHOY! i MISSED HER SOOOO MUCH!

0 comments: